Updated: 19 Jan 2019
At March 2018 there were 377 lettable vacant properties, which is less than 1% of the housing stock. This is our best performance in recent years.
We continued a number of measures to address the problem of vacant homes in the public and private sectors including:
- estate strategies which involved improvement, sale and/or selective demolition
- urban renewal programmes in private areas involving both improvement, replacement or a combination of both
- marketing community safety and anti-blight measures in public sector estates including use of alarm systems
- the appointment of neighbourhood officers and other security measures
- more intensive management including the implementation of a concierge service.