Strong winds forecast
Published: Fri, 8 Feb 2019
MET Office forecasts strong winds across Northern Ireland on Friday 8 and Saturday 9 February.
Strong winds, will affect Northern Ireland with potential for travel disruption, until 3pm Saturday February 2019.
If you are affected please contact us on 03448 920 901.
What to expect
- Some delays to public transport are likely, and journey times could take longer.
- Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges likely
- Some local short term loss of power and other services is possible.
- It’s likely that some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities affected by spray and/or large waves
This warning affects County Antrim, County Armagh, County Down, County Londonderry, County Tyrone.
Further information and advice is available from the Met Office website:
Help and advice
- Housing Executive tenants should call 03448 920 901
- Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service: 028 9266 4221
- Floodline call 0300 2000 100
We have more contact details for other organisations in our Coping in a Crisis section.
You can report repairs on the repairs line text number on 66644. Just start your text message with the word “REPAIR” and remember to include your address.