Social Housing Enterprise Programme
Updated: 22 Feb 2019
The Social Housing Enterprise Programme was launched by the Housing Executive in September 2015.
It aims to support individuals and organisations in the growth and development of social enterprises to improve economic activity in Housing Executive communities.
The programme is part of a wider strategy to award financial investment and provide support to individuals or groups living or working in Housing Executive areas.
What projects have been funded?
Since being launched in 2015, we have supported a range of businesses delivering services from recycling, and catering to graphic design and childcare.
These short films give an overview of the programme and some of the projects we funded between 2015 and 2017.
- Investing in your future - creating vibrant communities
- Investing in our future: so what are you waiting for?
*Data above reflects outcomes from the Social Housing Enterprise programme 2015-2017
Discover how our Social Housing Enterprise funding has made a difference to community-based businesses in 2017-18 by watching these short films:
- Hope Market & Hope Creative, Ballymena
- Task Team, Belfast
- Wee Chicks Creche and Women’s Tec, Belfast
- Kids Together, Belfast
- Hanwood Gym, Belfast
- West Armagh Consortium, Armagh
- Refresh Appliances Newtownards
- Drone footage of River Foyle by Gavin Patton, Derry-Londonderry
- Fountain of Fun and New 2 U, Strabane
- Sweet Sound Café, Belfast
We have collated a list of our social enterprises across Northern Ireland in an easily accessible directory. The enterprises listed here are based in or serve Housing Executive communities.
- You can now download the Social Housing Enterprise Programme Directory ( 2188 KB)
What grants are available?
Our awards programme is currently closed for applications. We are designing a new programme, to be launched in early 2019.
Our Social Enterprise Team are interested meeting with those who new ideas or those who are expanding their existing social enterprise, please feel free to contact a member of the team.
To find out more about the Social Housing Enterprise strategy, you can download the Social Housing Enterprise Strategy ( 1351 KB)
To find out more about Social Housing Enterprise programme, please contact:
Paul Carland, Connor Smith or Niall Eastwood by phone: 03448 920 900 or email: