Our objectives under the Energy Strategy
Updated: 20 May 2018
The main objectives of the strategy are as follows:
- To achieve substantial progress towards a 34% improvement in the energy efficiency of the housing stock in Northern Ireland over a ten year period.
- To ensure that our policies and procedures are compatible with new role as Energy Conservation Authority.
- To substantially improve the energy rating (SAP rating) of the Northern Ireland dwelling stock.
- To ensure that energy conservation measures are included in all the refurbishment work we carry out, as far as is practical.
- To take the needs of vulnerable groups into account when developing financial incentives, promotions and advice campaigns.
- To develop effective measures for the collection of data on the energy efficiency of the housing stock
- To develop a co-ordinated approach to the promotion of energy efficiency of the housing stock.