Heavy rain & wind forecast for Friday
Published: Fri, 9 Nov 2018
A spell of heavy rain and strong winds is expected across Northern Ireland during Friday 9 November.
This yellow weather warning will affect counties across Northern Ireland and is in force between between 1.00pm and 11.59pm Friday.
If you are affected please contact us on 03448 920 901.
What to expect
A few homes and businesses flooded
- Spray and flooding on roads will make journey times longer
- Some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport expected
- Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges
- Some short term loss of power and other services
- Coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities affected by spray and/or large waves
Further information and advice is available from the Met Office website:
Help and advice
- Housing Executive tenants should call 03448 920 901
- Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service: 028 9266 4221
- Floodline call 0300 2000 100
You can also report repairs on the repairs line text number on 66644. Just start your text message with the word “REPAIR” and remember to include your address.
We have more contact details for other organisations in our "Coping in a Crisis" section. There's also information available on how to find your stopcock, and what to do in an emergency
There's also good information on NIDirect at: