Health & Safety Policy Statement and Strategy
Updated: 17 Feb 2018
In accordance with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work (N.I.) Order 1978 and associated legislation, the Housing Executive recognises and accepts its responsibility as an employer for providing a safe and healthy workplace and as far as is reasonably practicable, a risk free working environment for all its employees. It will conduct its activities so as to minimise and where possible, eliminate the risk to which others e.g. visitors, members of the public, contractors etc may be exposed as far as is reasonably practicable.
Employees are reminded of their own duties under Article 8 and 9 of the Order which requires that they take care of their own safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions. These objectives will be achieved by:
- Providing clear definition of the roles and ownership of health and safety responsibility for all management staff.
- Developing and periodically reviewing a comprehensive Health and Safety Manual that is available to all staff.
- Providing a comprehensive Health and Safety training programme
- General Awareness training for all staff.
- Undertaking on-going Health and Safety audits.
- Implementing an Accident Prevention Programme.
- Providing help, information and advice to all staff via the Health and Safety Advisor, the staff intranet and periodic Health and Safety bulletins.
- Download the Health & Safety Policy Statement & Strategy ( 117 KB)